Starting a new decade is always a big deal. We may feel that we are starting a new phase, with new challenges.
Celebrating our fiftieth birthday is a chance to feel alive and vibrant.
Make it a point to enjoy the day your way, alone or in good company, at home or traveling the globe. Here are fifty ways to to it.
Hopefully you will find one that fits you!
- Spend the day at a spa
- Host a sit-down dinner
- Go to the beach and listen to the waves
- Travel to a city that you always wanted to see
- Visit your faraway family
- Go to a rock concert
- Make reservations at a high-end restaurant
- Purge your closet and go on a shopping spree
- Rescue a puppy from a shelter
- Book a long and luscious massage
- Learn to scuba dive
- Spend the night at a 5-star hotel
- Break free from the past by throwing things out
- Renew your wedding vows
- If you are engaged, tie the knot!
- Buy tickets to the theater or ballet
- Go on a cruise
- Get a complete makeover
- Spend the day in bed reading a really good book
- Watch your favorite movies all day
- Sing karaoke
- Go skydiving
- Get a tattoo
- Meditate for an hour
- Host a costume or theme party
- Play board games with friends
- Go to a strip-club. Men or women, your choice
- Spend the day at an amusement park
- Have breakfast in bed
- Get a cosmetic enhancement
Also Read: Why 50 is definitely not the new 30
- Go for a long bike ride
- Camp in the woods
- Attend a spiritual retreat
- Sign up to paddleboarding, yoga, golf
- Move to your new house
- Go paintballing
- Book your most desired plastic surgery
- Sign up to a wine tasting course
- Write the longest gratitude list
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Go bowling
- Ride a murder mystery train
- Go on a gastro tour of your city
- Sign up to a dance course
- Go on a helicopter sightseeing tour
- Spend the evening at a social painting class
- Try your luck at gambling
- Host a picnic
- Launch your own business
- Enjoy your day!
Also read: Why 50 is the new 50!