Deciding to celebrate your 40th birthday with gusto is the first step.
While some people may dread turning forty, it’s actually a huge milestone and one that should be celebrated no matter how you feel about reaching four decades.
It’s the perfect time to set new goals, try new things and get a fresh start!
More than anything, your fortieth birthday is a great excuse to start checking some things off your bucket list or simply to spend a day doing nothing more or less than exactly what you want to.
Here are forty ideas for how you can celebrate the big 4-0.
If you have any other suggestions, we’d love to hear them!
- Visit a country you haven’t been to.
- Enjoy a beach day.
- Go scuba diving.
- Take an overnight train trip.
- Take a road trip to a city you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Go for a hike or bike ride.
- Have a girls’ night.
- Get a tattoo.
- Go to a concert.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
Also read: 5 Fabulous gifts for a woman turning 40
- Take a ride in a helicopter.
- Spend the day at a Korean spa.
- Take a new fitness class.
- Splurge on a shopping spree.
- Go to the movies alone.
- See a Broadway show.
- Have a movie marathon of your favorite genre.
- Tour a vineyard.
- Take a beer brewing class.
- Book a race car driving experience.
Also read: 6 Websites for midlife women
- Run a 5k.
- See a burlesque or magic show.
- Go to an amusement park and ride every ride.
- Participate in a sip and paint event.
- Have a themed birthday bash.
- Dress up just for the heck of it.
- See an opera or ballet.
- Take a gourmet cooking class.
- Take a cruise on a luxury yacht or sailboat.
- Get the pet you’ve always wanted.
- Buy that piece of jewelry you’ve been lusting after.
- Get a fresh haircut and style.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Invest in a new hobby.
- Make reservations at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Take a guided tour of your home city.
- Visit a wild animal sanctuary.
- Donate to a cause close to your heart.
- Spend the day with the people you love the most.
- Relax or party it up! Just do you.
Read also: 7 Birthday ideas for women turning 40