This is not a sponsored post, although I´d have no problem with that whatsoever! I simply want to share my experience with other women who have tried or want to try StitchFix and may be wondering how they could maximize their experience.
I´ve received a few complimentary codes that waive the $20 styling fee, and I´ve requested 6 fixes total. This last one was by far the most successful, and I can see why. StitchFix does remind you that each Fix (a package with 5 items selected for you by a stylist) gets better as they get to know the client. And well, it´s true. Here are four items I liked out of five that arrived in my latest shipment. I only kept one, because I´m a bit of a minimalist and it was something I had been seeking for over a year and a half.
The something I kept: the black Liverpool jeans skinny pants! As soon as I slipped them on I realized they fit like a glove and felt good in all the right places. Usually when a pair of skinny pants fits snugly on my thighs and butt, they gape at the waist. But these were everything I wanted: comfortable, stylish, versatile (they are extra long so I can wear them long or cuff them), and again, a perfect fit. The fact is I didn´t even know this brand before StitchFix sent them. The fit is spot on and the price is right. Now I´m a big fan!
The reason I really really wanted StitchFix to work for me is that I truly don´t enjoy shopping. I dislike trying clothes on in ill-lit dressing rooms, especially when I´m on a mission (I super needed black skinny pants that could be dressed up or down). It can be discouraging.
But back to how my StitchFix experience improved over time, and how I believe you can rock yours, here are a few suggestions from experience:
- Make sure you fill out your style profile honestly and accurately. Also think of what type of events you want your clothes for. For example, I love boho styles, so I was getting a lot of that, but that´s not all I wear. I went back and revised my profile to reflect the kind of clothes I needed, not only what I like.
- Give it some thought before you fill out the price range of the clothes you will be sent. I had filled out “as cheap as possible” to begin with and I wasn´t so happy with the selections. I then increased the price and received better quality items (you do get what you pay for). In my particular case, I´m not looking to buy the entire box, so I´d rather pay more for one or two items that I love. (Know that if you do purchase the 5 items you will get a 25% discount).
- Provide detailed feedback for every single item you receive, whether you send it back, exchange it or buy it. I remember I returned one of my Fixes with a general note saying “I didn´t like any of it.” That probably did not help the stylist at all. I did leave feedback on another pair of skinny pants that were overall too large (although they were supposedly my size), and that´s how I landed this perfect pair.
- Explain whether there is one specific item you are hunting for in as much detail as possible. There is a real person on the other side of the computer who will read your notes and do her best to match you up with your dream outfit. I´m so very glad I found these black skinny pants.
- Point your stylist to online places she can find out more about you. I don´t have a Pinterest board with my favorite styles, but I have an Instagram account where anyone can see my lifestyle and what I tend to wear. I also shared my blog with her. She told me both helped her a lot.
Well, this is pretty much it. If you have any tips, please share them too! I had a lot of fun styling these pieces and I think it shows! At 54 I believe that you need to wear clothes that are comfy and make you feel like a QUEEN!