I’ve been practicing sports all my life and although I’m now 54, I still break out from time to time.
I also live in Florida, where it’s sunny and humid year-round, even when in my neck of the woods, Sarasota, it can get a bit chilly for a month or two in winter.
Some of the physical activities I’ve indulged in over the years are running, swimming, dance, weight-lifting, bootcamp, and for the past two and a half years, it’s been all about yoga.
I know what it feels like to sweat like crazy every single day and deal with clogged pores and a zit or more frequently.
Skincare tips for women who sweat
My skincare tips for women who sweat because of their active lifestyle can be summed up in the following tips.
1. Don’t work out or sleep with makeup on.
2. Always use a moisturizer with SPF during the day, whether or not you plan to be in the sun.
3. Apply sunscreen to the backs of your hands!
4. Remember to moisturize your neck and decolletage! If you are younger than me you will thank me a few years down the road!
5. Hydrate from the inside, by drinking enough water, and from the outside by moisturizing.
6. Use a mild exfoliating cleanser at least once a day, twice is better.
7. Sleep as much as you need to! This is truly my best beauty secret. I average 8 hours a night.
8. If you break out, avoid heavy products that will clog your pores.
9. Wash and moisturize your face again after a workout.
10. Use a serum at night to help your skin recover from daily stressors.
I test a lot of skincare products and I have my favorites. I do switch up my routine depending on the time of the year or my skin’s needs during a particular season, usually due to environmental or hormonal changes.
The reasons why I´m loving 123FRÉ skincare products
It´s a simple 3-step routine (to which I personally add an eye cream), that combats sweat-induced skin damage like dehydration, breakouts and photoaging.
If you follow the recommended application regime, the set should last 3 months.
Step 1: Protect Me is a light water-resistant SPF30 moisturizer that won’t clog pores and won’t sting eyes when you sweat. It also doesn´t have a white cast.
Step 2: Purify Me is a hydrating facial cleanser that prevents and treats breakouts, de-stresses and re-balances skin pH post-workout.
Step 3: Revive Me is a specialized serum that boosts fatigued skin with vitamins and minerals, creating an energized healthy glow.
All products are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, vegan and non-comedogenic. Plus I love the scent. And for every 123FRÉ set that is sold, an argan tree is planted.
Because I’m enjoying the 123FRÉ skincare set for women who sweat, I´m happy to be able to offer you my discount code Lorraine15 for 15% off at checkout.