I’ve been practicing sports all my life and although I’m now 54, I still break out from time to time. I also live in Florida, where it’s sunny and humid year-round, even when in my neck of the woods, Sarasota, it can get a bit chilly for a month or two in winter. Some of the physical activities I’ve indulged in over the years are running, swimming, dance, weight-lifting, bootcamp, and for the past two and a half years, it’s been all about yoga. I know what it feels like to sweat like crazy every single day and deal with clogged pores and a zit or more frequently.
My skincare tips for women who sweat because of their active lifestyle can be summed up in the following tips.
- Don’t work out or sleep with makeup on.
- Always use a moisturizer with SPF during the day, whether or not you plan to be in the sun.
- Apply sunscreen to the backs of your hands!
- Remember to moisturize your neck and decolletage! If you are younger than me you will thank me a few years down the road!
- Hydrate from the inside, by drinking enough water, and from the outside by moisturizing.
- Use a mild exfoliating cleanser at least once a day, twice is better.
- Sleep as much as you need to! This is truly my best beauty secret. I average 8 hours a night.
- If you break out, avoid heavy products that will clog your pores.
- Wash and moisturize your face again after a workout.
- Use a serum at night to help your skin recover from daily stressors.
I test a lot of skincare products and I have my favorites. I do switch up my routine depending on the time of the year or my skin’s needs during a particular season, usually due to environmental or hormonal changes.
The reasons why I´m loving 123FRÉ skincare products:
It´s a simple 3-step routine (to which I personally add an eye cream), that combats sweat-induced skin damage like dehydration, breakouts and photoaging. If you follow the recommended application regime, the set should last 3 months.
Step 1: Protect Me is a light water-resistant SPF30 moisturizer that won’t clog pores and won’t sting eyes when you sweat. It also doesn´t have a white cast.
Step 2: Purify Me is a hydrating facial cleanser that prevents and treats breakouts, de-stresses and re-balances skin pH post-workout.
Step 3: Revive Me is a specialized serum that boosts fatigued skin with vitamins and minerals, creating an energized healthy glow.
All products are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, vegan and non-comedogenic. Plus I love the scent. And for every 123FRÉ set that is sold, an argan tree is planted. Because I’m enjoying the 123FRÉ skincare set for women who sweat, I´m happy to be able to offer you my discount code Lorraine15 for 15% off at checkout.