A couple of times a week I have to drive from my town, Sarasota, to Bradenton, in Florida.
I´m taking a yoga teacher training course in a beautiful place called Heartwood Retreat Center, and I can´t be happier!
This means that I have a commute, which I´m not used to, since I work from home.
The 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
I was really excited to be able to test-drive the 2017 Mazda 6, Grand Touring while driving to and from this yoga sanctuary where I´m getting certified to be a yoga teacher.
The color was Snowflake White Pearl Mica, and the interior was parchment nappa leather.
Aside from the features I usually love: the sound system and the sun-roof, I was easily able to position my seat at exactly the height and tilt I need it to be at.
The rear-view camera is as helpful and amazing as usual and I especially loved the traffic sign recognition system plus the Mazda Radar Cruise Control.
This shows up in front of the driver´s field of vision, like a hologram. The system shows you a visual of cars about to overtake you and that are in your blind spot.
It also alerts you of your own speed plus the legal speed-limit of the road you´re driving on.
Other safety features I loved:
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags and side-impact air curtains
- 3-point seat belts for all seating positions
- Front seat-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Smart City Brake Support
- Hill Launch Assist
- Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning
- Distance Recognition Support System
- Alarm system
- Engine-immobilizer anti-theft system
- Trunk entrapment release system
- Child safety rear door locks
Also read: Saying goodbye to my car after 14 years
Although we usually have great weather in Florida in this time of the year, it rained the last two days I had the car, which I drove for a week.
The rain sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers are absolutely wonderful.
As far as convenience goes, I enjoyed the 7″ Full-color touch screen display, that has a great safety feature.
You can´t switch channels if the car is moving. There is a different knob for that closer to the driver´s hands.
The sound system is state-of-the-ar: Bose® Centerpoint® 2 Surround Sound audio system with AudioPilot® 2.
The Bluetooth® 24 hands-free phone and audio streaming capability allowed me to listen to my own Pandora stations and chat with friends safely.
The Mazda Navigation System helped me get places without having to use my phone´s navigation.
Once again, the Mazda 6 did not disappoint. It grips the road and feels stable in the highway but is also a smooth and sleek drive around town.